Since the software applications increased a lot it becames a problem to find and launch the application when you need it. While searching apps in the windows start menu it is boring, timeconsuming and complicated, when you place shortcuts on the desktop – all your desktop becomes a shortcuts field, Windows Vista quick launch bar helped but there are no place for window buttons. Personally, I am never afraid to try new tools which save me any amount of time while performing my daily software testing activities. So, this article is about one such tool which I use a lot and you might like it as well. I downloaded Launchy and tried it. Well, it was what I need for the moment. With Launchy I could quickly launch needed applications just by pressing Alt+Space and typing first letters of an app name!
Launchy is one of the most popular launcher applications for all OS, and it’s free. After installing it, press Alt+Space on keyboard and the Launchy window will appear (you can change this shortcut in Launchy’s preferences, if you like.)
Type a letter or word and press Enter to launch an application, open a file, or visit any website. It’s smarter than the Start menu in several ways.
- It can save a lot of time on launching apps on your Windows or Macintosh machine.
- You can’t get any simpler than this! launching your apps for your day-to-day activities.
- It is much powerful, faster and easy-to-use as compared to the OS built-in search.
- Its is used for simple tasks like opening any application, documents, folders or search the web.
- Invoke it by pressing keystroke Alt+Space keys by default and Command+Space on Mac